Though everyone is a photographer these days with smartphones always ready to capture the moment, you’ll need to hire an event photographer for large-scale conferences and social occasions.
During an event, you and your team have your hands full with a million tasks, while a photographer’s exclusive focus is documenting the special moments that happen while you tend to the details. Visit prostockmaster.
The types of events that benefit from the services of a professional photographer include:
- Trade shows
- Conferences and meetings
- Galas and fundraisers
- Press conferences
- Awards ceremonies
- Landmark events (Sweet Sixteens, Quinceaneras, Bat/Bar Mitzvahs, Anniversaries, Engagements)
Photos from some of these events are memories to cherish for a lifetime. Others can build and boost your brand. Follow these 20 tips and tricks for hiring an event photographer so you get the shots you need.
A professional photographer captures your event better
1. Nothing beats professional quality.
Flawless photos captured on professional equipment are always better than those taken with a smartphone camera. If the images are for the event website, or your planning business website, you’ll obtain exceptional pictures that showcase the best moments—and your elite skills. If the event is a wedding, the happy couple will have high-resolution, stunning photos to remember the day forever.
Get the best event photographs with a better layout
Get Started Free
2. Professional photographers know what to look for during events.
Once you provide an overview of the goal and spirit of your event, a professional photographer will understand which moments are the most important for them to capture. Provide a list of VIPs, from the Keynote to the award recipients, and rest assured you’ll secure the perfect shots.
3. Event photographers backup their work.
No need to worry about lost cameras or accidental deletion; professional event photographers understand their reputation depends on backing up their work regularly. Today, most use cloud servers so you’ll have a copy no matter what happens to the equipment.
4. Professional event photographers blend in seamlessly.
This is especially important if you prefer natural, candid shots. Professional photographers stealthily walk around the event capturing unique photo ops while everyone has a good time.
5. Event photographers elevate sharing.
If you make an event in a Facebook group, you’ll have awesome photos to upload when the event is over. This helps drum up interest for next year’s event.
Get familiar with photography styles and photographers
6. Know your event photography styles.
Many photographers hone their skills to specialize in specific photography styles. Here are the top ones every event planner should know:
- Wedding photography. You can get away with amateur photography at a wide range of events, but when it comes to weddings, professional photography is a must. A professional wedding photographer utilizes a variety of photography styles, such as portrait, landscape, and fashion, to capture the best moments of the big day.
- Candid photography. This style of photography captures life in its natural state. A candid photographer must capture images of people without distracting them from their activities.
- Conceptual photography. Have an idea that you want to get across artistically? Then a conceptual photographer is your best bet. Often used in advertising to reinforce specific associations with an event or product, the photographer uses images to convey your message.
- Photojournalism. This style of photography tells an honest story as it unfolds. The photographer remains impartial to the events around them as they document each moment. This style is a favorite for weddings.
- Portrait photography. The focus of this style is typically the face. This is a good option for company events where you want natural, closeup shots of executive and employees for the website.
- Advertising photography. Used by businesses to promote brands, products, or services, this style is on the commercial end of the photography spectrum. Consider this option for product rollouts and industry conferences.
- Fashion photography. Fashion photographers excel at capturing subjects on the move. They are a great choice for busy conferences where attendees are moving between venues, or for events like Comic-Con where many guests are showing off their cosplay.